Praying for the One - Part 5

I cannot even being to describe how much I have enjoyed writing this little series! Not only to encourage other young ladies out there, but also to help me remember to pray for my future guy.
But......this will be my last post in the series. I hope y'all have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it! I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic or if this has helped you in any way ;) Or if you have some more ideas on what to pray for, I would love to hear it and add it to my prayer list!

Let's do a quick review ~

1 - Salvation
2 - Walk with God
3 - No Hidden Sin
4 - A Settled Love Question
5 - A Surrendered Will
6 - Past Relationships




As I was praying about which points to do next, there were so many that I thought of (honestly, this series could go on for a while...but I do not want to bore any of you) ;). When I am reading my Bible or even just listening to a message, it seems like God shows me more things that I should pray for. It would be hard to fit each of these points in this one last blog post, but I am going to do my best to make it short and sweet.

#7 - Hard Working/Good Work Ethic 
I pray that my future spouse will have a desire to work hard and provide for his family. Working hard is a Biblical principle and it is a quality that I want my husband to have. Laziness is a big-time "No" in my books ;)

#8 - Standards
This is another super big one for me. God has set standards that He wants His people to have, and I pray that my husband will have those standards in his life. Things such as modest dress standards, music standards, movie standards, etc. I want my children to be raised with these standards, and in order for this to happen, my husband is going to have to have these standards too. I pray that if he does not have these right now, then God would convict his heart about these standards through His Word and through Godly preaching/counsel.

#9 - Teachable
I pray that my future guy will be teachable and ready to learn new things. This is super important because when he is listening to a sermon or when his pastor/parents talk to him about something, he needs to be willing to listen and apply what they say to his life. If he walks away from them saying, "I am definitely not going to do that.", he has a wrong spirit and not a teachable one.

#10 - Financially Wise
I feel like with every point I give, I always say, "This is a big one." It's true though.....this is definitely a big one ;) My husband is going to be the one that is providing for my family and taking care of his wife and kids. I pray that he will be financially wise in how he handles his money and that he does not waste it on things that do not matter. I pray that he will not be in debt, or that if he already is in debt, that he will work hard to pay off that debt before he enters into a relationship with me. I pray that he will be wise in things such as buying a car (used - not new....buying a new car is an easy way to get into big debt), buying a house, etc. I also pray that he will be wise in saving up his money and not just spending it on things that he might want.

#11 - Protection
Satan does not like good, Christian guys, so he is going to do whatever he can to bring him down. This is why it is so incredibly important for us to pray and pray hard for our future spouse. Pray that God will give him strength to stand up and not back down. Pray that he will take the armor of God and apply it to his life so that he can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked (Ephesians 6). Pray for protection for his eyes, his heart, his body, his spiritual strength, his love for the Lord, etc. Pray for protection.



Y'all....the list could go on and on. I could talk about things like being patient, having a forgiving spirit, being ready to serve, saying "Amen" in church, standing strong in the Lord, and so many more! As you read through these posts, I don't just want you to take what I say and apply it, but I want you to go to the Lord in prayer and seek His will about what you should pray for. Whoever God has out there for us, we need to be in prayer for him (or her, if you're a guy).


I do have one more thing to tell the young ladies reading this :) Be patient and wait for God's will. Cliche, I know....but it is something that can be easily forgotten or pushed aside when a guy starts showing interest in you. Trust me, I know from experience.:) God has a guy out there that will complete you in a way that NO ONE else can. He has someone that will make you laugh and smile. He has someone for you that will make you feel comfortable and make you feel like you can be yourself around him. He has someone that will love you so much and take care of you when times are hard. Girls, be patient. Do not settle for someone that is less than God's best. "Satan always brings what seems good, right before God's best." Wait for God's best! You will never regret passing up a good guy for God's best guy.


"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him" ~ Isaiah 64:4

Comments

  1. Wow! All of your posts were so good. As I was reading them, I had the thought, These are good things to pray for your guy after marriage too. I love your ending quote and that verse in Isaiah 64:4. It is so applicable to this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praying for the One - Part 3

Praying for Someone You've Never Met

Praying for the One - Part 2