A Busy Life is a Happy Life

Let's take a peek at my Sunday morning routine (are you ready for this? :).....
    After waking up and getting myself ready (maybe even helping my little siblings get dressed and ready to ride the bus as well), I hop in the car with my Mom (normally after we load the car up with Sunday School supplies and others random objects that go to the church) and head to church. On our way there, we stop at the store to get breakfast for our Sunday School kids.
   After arriving to our destination, we rush around to get our classes set up and breakfast set out. I also have to run to the auditorium to practice with whoever is singing that morning (I'm the pianist...in case you were wondering ;). I then go and greet some of my church family.  By that time, the bus is pulling into the parking lot, so it's time for me to head back to my class.

I teach the 4-7 year old Sunday School class and I love it! Yes, it definitely can get crazy at times...but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

   After Sunday School is finished, I walk my class to their seats in the auditorium. But then I have to rush back to my class (where the extra piano is) to practice with the choir or any other special singers. Then back to the auditorium it is! I play the prelude while people come into church. Finally, the service starts and I play the piano for the congregation and specials, as well as sing in some of the special music. At invitation time, I'm back at the piano playing softly while Pastor leads the invitation.
   But that's not all....when the service is done, I grab the keys to the bus so I can get the air going before all the kids get on. After I start it up, I rush back to the junior church area to get the bus kids. We load up on the bus and I lead them in singing, games, or question time. Then, after the kids are dropped off to their homes, it's time to head home for lunch and a good ole' nap! Then back to church to start the process over again...

Whew!! Just thinking about my Sunday mornings makes me tired!

If you are a pastor's kid, you might have a similar Sunday morning routine.......busy. I know that at times it can tiring and overwhelming. Sometimes it may feel like you just want to give up (trust me, I've been there too). Sometimes you might just wish that you could be any other person and come into church right on time and never have to do anything but sit and listen. Sometimes you may question whether it is truly worth to keep going and serving the Lord. I mean, come on......do people really notice how much you do on Sundays and Wednesdays and even in between services??

I was reminded of this song the other day, it goes like this:

VERSE 1:
We have labored in the vineyards of the Lord,
and it seems the world has stolen our reward.
But God has not forgotten
And when He call us home
We'll receive eternal treasures
And a place of honor near his throne.

CHORUS:
It's not in vain
It's not in vain
We serve a risen Savior
Jesus rules and reigns.
The heavens cheer us on
We do not walk alone.
Our labor, our witness, our faith, is not in vain.

VERSE 2:
God has seen our faithful service through the years,
All our heartaches, all the burdens, all the tears.
So do not be discouraged,
There's a purpose, there's a plan,
There's a reason for each season.

So trust the leading of His hand.

Wow.....what a great song, right?! It's an amazing reminder that it is worth it!! Everything you do for God is definitely worth it. Don't give up! Keep working. Keep serving. Keep staying busy. Keep getting tired. Keep sharing the love of God. It's not in vain!!

Comments

  1. This is awesome! It's definitely not in vain! And who really just wants to only sit and soak anyway....gotta put feet to what God is giving you! And you do!! So thankful for your example to VSIBC!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praying for the One - Part 3

Praying for the One - Part 2

The Biblical Approach to Finding a Mate (Part 1)