What Does God Hear?

As I sat at the table this morning and opened up my computer to start working on my college classes, I noticed that I had an email from my instructor. (Can I just stop for a sec and brag on my teachers? ;) It is amazing that even through an online college, the teachers still care about and check on their students. When they see that a student may be struggling, they will quickly send an email and check to see if they are ok, or they will call and simply be an encouragement. This means so much to a college student!) When I opened this email, I saw an encouraging note saying that the teacher was praying for us by name and that if there was anything we need, to not hesitate to reach out. This alone just brightened my morning. Then, to top it all off, she included a Bible verse that made me stop and say, "Wow". It was Psalm 5:3, which says,

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."

After I read this verse, God convicted my heart. I stopped and asked myself, "What is the first thing that God hears from me in the mornings?" Does He hear my voice in prayer and in thanksgiving? Or does He hear me complain and say how much I want to go to back to bed and sleep all day (story of my life a lot lately actually...)? 
David wrote that, in the morning, God was going to hear his voice praying. Wow...I want this to be true in my life too. Don't get me wrong. I do pray. But sometimes, I fill my life with so many other things before I start praying to the Lord. Maybe I will wake up and start complaining about all that I have to do that day. Or maybe I will grab my phone before my devotions and start scrolling through social media and fill my mind with things other than the Lord. Or maybe I would rather go and talk with my family before talking and saying, "Good morning" to the Lord.

Stop just a second and think about your morning. What was the first thing that the Lord heard after you got up? Was it complaining or was it praising and talking to the Lord?
I know that this is something that I need to work on. I want my voice in the morning to be sweet to the ears of the Lord. I want to be like David and "direct my prayer" unto the Lord in the morning. Before I busy myself with other things, I want to busy myself with the Lord and my walk with Him.

What does God hear in your life? ;)

I know this was a shorter post today, but it is something that I wanted to share quickly with y'all. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praying for the One - Part 3

The Biblical Approach to Finding a Mate (Part 1)

Praying for the One - Part 2