Praying for the One - Part 1


Well….here we are! Part one of our journey together. I am so excited to share with y’all some things that God has showed me that I need to pray for about my future husband.

Before we go any further, I just wanted to stop and say that I would love to hear some feedback from you! Shoot me an email and tell me where you are from and how these posts have helped you (if at all). My goal is to reach young ladies like me who are in this stage of life, so if you know of a single young lady that could be encouraged by some of my posts, please feel free to send them the link! I want to be used of God to be an encouragement to as many young ladies as possible. Honestly, I am honored that you are even here reading this right now. You have no idea how much that means to me :)

Alright, are you ready? Because I sure am!

If you are anything like me, you have thought and prayed many times for your future guy – the one that God has for you. Also, if you’re like me, your prayer might have sounded something like this, “Lord, I am saving myself for the one that you have for me. I want to marry inside your will. Would you please let us meet really soon? And when you do bring him along, would you please make it clear to me so that I do not stray outside of your will?” Does this sound familiar at all? ;) Yes, this is exactly how I would pray. But have you ever thought about praying more specifically for your future guy?

I recently heard a message by Pastor Mike Ray entitled, “Be a 3”. It was such an encouragement to me and you can find it on Youtube if you are interested in listening to it (seriously, it is well worth your time…so good!). He gave a list of things that you should not only strive to have in your life, but that you should look for in a spouse as well. Some of these things that I mention will come from the list that he gave, and there will also be some other things that I have added. As you read through this series, I don’t want you just to pray for your spouse concerning these particular things, but I also want you to strive to have these characteristics and qualities in your life as well.

Ok! Let’s see what the first thing on our Future Spouse Prayer List is:

#1 – Salvation

     You may be thinking, “Well, of course my guy needs to be saved….you didn’t even have to mention this one.” It may sound like a simple, redundant thing, but it is incredibly important when praying for your future spouse! Have you ever prayed for the salvation of the one that you marry?
     I remember my dad always telling my sister in and I when we were growing up, “I am praying for your future husband. I am praying that God will save him at an early age.” I can’t even begin to describe how much this means to me. Now, as I pray for my future husband, I pray the same thing. I pray that God would have worked on his heart when he was a little boy and that he would grow up knowing that God has saved him. This is so so important and if you pray for only one thing, pray for his salvation. Pray that if he isn’t saved, that God would put someone into his life to share the Gospel and to lead him to Jesus. Salvation is the most important decision that anyone will ever make, and I pray that my husband will know Jesus Christ as his Savior and that he will live his life with that assurance. I pray that he will not doubt, but will rest assured that God has saved him. Salvation is the most important quality to pray and look for in a spouse.
     I cannot leave this topic without asking you that question. Are you 100% sure that you are going to go to Heaven when you die?? If you can’t say, “Yes” to that question, please email me right now! My email is brenbrensg@gmail.com. The Bible says that you CAN know for sure that you are going to Heaven. God wants to save you, no matter if you are a man, woman, boy, or girl and no matter what your past is.
     If you have already accepted Christ as your Savior, then it’s time to start praying that your husband (or wife, if you’re a guy reading this) will too. You do not want to enter into a marriage with someone that is not a child of God.


So this post has gotten a little longer than I expected :) I was hoping to get to two things today, but I guess we will just have to wait till next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praying for the One - Part 3

Praying for Someone You've Never Met

Praying for the One - Part 2